The following motions were put, discussed and carried at the May 2017 meeting of Bellingen River Labor.
SINGLE USE PLASTIC SHOPPING BAGS (CARRIED)
The Bellingen River Branch calls on Labor (local, state and federal where possible) to :
- Legislate to ban single use lightweight plastic shopping bags
- Pursue appropriate means to reduce other plastic pollution entering the environment, in particular our rivers and marine environments.
- To reflect the Plastic Shopping Bags (Prohibition on Supply by Retailers) Bill 2016, introduced by Hon. Penny Sharpe MLC.
- Plastic Shopping Bags (Prohibition on Supply by Retailers) Bill 2016
- Second Reading Speech by the Hon. Penny Sharpe MLC.
- Explanatory notes
LABOR JOBS TASK FORCE
The Bellingen River Branch calls on the FEC/SEC to invite to Labor’s Australian Jobs Taskforce to hold a meeting in Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie, at the earliest possible convenience.
The Branch urges the FEC/SEC to invite :
- Jenny MacAlister
- Joel Fitzgibbon
- Walt Secord
- Linda Voltz
- Susan Jenvy